- God’s Presence—When we simply agree with God that Jesus is the Son of God, He makes His home inside of us, and even more, we make our home inside of Him. When this is true of us and our love is toward God, His presence with us becomes the defining reality of our lives. (1 John 4:15)
- Love Ourselves and Others—God’s presence in our lives begins a powerful sequence: Living in His presence causes us to know and believe the love He has for us. Believing that we are loved frees us to love others. (Matthew 22:34-40; 1 John 4:16-21)
- Change the World—Loving others changes the world, bringing God’s goodness to those who need it until they believe in Him. Once they believe in Him, it starts the process all over again through them until the whole world is transformed by God’s love. (Romans 2:4; 2 Corinthians 5:13-21)
Key Elements for Living Our Values:
- God’s Goodness—We unshakably believe that God is good. When Jesus died, He completely satisfied the wrath of God, making full provision for God’s goodness to be demonstrated in power to all mankind. This goodness leads people to change their minds about God, believing in Him and bringing salvation into their lives. This goodness also forms the way we view the world around us and the events that take place within it.
- Family—Jesus came to reveal God as His Father and returned to Heaven so we could receive the Spirit of Adoption. Marriage is the image of Jesus’ relationship with His church and family expresses the way God governs Heaven and Earth. We truly believe that a single healthy family can transform the world, so we work to restore and equip families to grow into the potential God has for them.
- All In—The Kingdom of God provides equal opportunity for everyone, but the Sunday expression of church cannot contain everything God does in and through His children. Therefore, we work to equip all believers with what they need to express God’s heart and work wherever they go, believing that most Christians’ callings will be fulfilled outside the church building. For this reason, we celebrate the diversity of God’s body in how it is expressed both within our local gathering and outside of it in the workplace.
- Honor—Every individual is created as a one-of-a-kind masterpiece, called to be royal children of the Most High God with unique identities and callings, each one powerful enough to write history. We refuse to lower our view of any person below this standard, including ourselves, regardless of how they view themselves or how we are viewed by others. We believe this builds a culture within which people can rise to their potential, being empowered and given permission to change the world.
- Wisdom—The Spirit of God is the Spirit of Wisdom, given to all who believe in Jesus for salvation. Through the Holy Spirit, we have access to God’s wisdom to address the problems facing the world today from the individual to the international level. We desire to partner with God in bringing solutions that display God’s glory to the nations, leading all men to praise His name.